Dr Romesh Gaur
MBBS, MBBS, DNB(ORTHO),
Dr Romesh Gaur have special interest in SPORTS INJURY & ARTHROSCOPY and individually performing all reconstructive, diagnostic and therapeutic arthroscopy of knee, shoulder and other joints along with, arthroplasty, trauma and cold cases.
• MBBS from LLRM Medical College, Meerut (U.P.) – 2005
• DNB (ORTHO)from Apollo Super Speciality Hospital, Hyderabad – 2009
• M. Ch. (ORTHO)from USAIM, Seychelles
(OVERALL TOPPER OF THE BATCH) – 2012
• Member Executive Committee Uttaranchal Chapter of IOA.
• Past Honorary Secretary of Dehradun Orthopaedic Society.
• Past Editor of Uttarakhand Branch of IOA.
• Have performed more than 2000 Arthroscopic surgeries in last 5 years (including > 700 ACL Reconstructions).
o IMRI (Australia- Adelaide) Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty 1 month fellowship.
o Observership with renowned Shoulder and Upper Limb Specialist Dr. Peter Cambell (Australia- Perth).
o Observership with renowned Knee Specialist Dr. Charles Brown (Abu Dhabi- UAE).
• Performed SGRR’s first arthroscopic PCL reconstruction in January 2012.
• Performed SGRR’s first combined ACL+PCL Arthroscopic reconstruction in October 2013 and ACL+PCL+PLC reconstruction in January 2015.
• Actively involved in activities of Dehradun Orthopaedic Society including presentations in monthly meets.
• Regularly invited as Specialist in Doordarshan’sSwastha Bharat programme on Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis.
• BLS, ACLS and ATLS certified provider.
• Asstt. Professor (Ortho) at SGRR MEDICAL COLLEGE & SRI MAHANT INDIRESH HOSPITAL, DEHRADUN from January 2012 to May 2014 and from November 2014 February 2016, where in I was actively involved in Orthopaedic academic, teaching & research activities.
• Associate Consultant (Ortho) at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Dehradun from June 2014 to November 2014.
• Senior residency at Asia’s first SPORTS INJURY CENTRE AT SAFDARJUNG HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI with excellent exposure and hands on training in ARTHROSCOPY and ARTHROPLASTY of knee, shoulder, hip, elbow and ankle.
• Senior Residency at Moolchand Hospital, Delhi & Dr. HedgewarArogyaSansthan, Delhi managing a panorama of emergency and elective patients in Orhopaedics department.
• Trained under eminent Orthopaedic surgeons with exposure to tertiary level health care at Apollo Health City, Hyderabad (A.P.).
• Overall topper of the batch in M.Ch. (Ortho) exam out of 125 orthopaedic surgeons across the country.
• Gold medalist at Indian Arthroscopy Society quiz 2016.
• Publication titled ‘Evaluation of results of displaced calcaneal fractures by open reduction and internal fixation by calcaneal plate fixation (Sinus tarsi approach)’ in International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 2, 121-125.
• Publication titled ‘Radiographic analysis of the restoration of hip joint following open reduction and internal fixation of acetabular fractures: A retrospective cohort study’ in Indian Journal of Research (Feb, 2015), Volume 4, Issue 2, 197-199.
• Case report publication in Apollo Journal of medicine on ‘Management of Infected THR’.
• Poster presentation on ‘Case report on Hoffa’s fracture presenting as instability’ at UAIOACON-2015.
• Poster presentation on ‘Bupivacaine as local analgesic post arthroscopy’at ISKSAA 2016.
• Currently working on a paper on Comparision of ACL reconstruction using BPTB versus Hamstrings autograft.
• Cleared both DNB theory and DNB practicals in 1st attempt.
Won around 25 certificates of excellence during MBBS in sports and extra curricular activities.